UMC – Northwest has a job opening for a qualified Internal Medicine physician in El Paso, TX.
Practice Type: Employee | Setting: Outpatient
Accept J1 Visa? Yes | Accept H1B Visa? Yes | Requires BE? Yes | Requires BC? Yes
- Hours: 13 hour shifts | 3 days a week & 2 Saturdays a month.
- New Graduates Welcome
- Average patients seen per day: 26
- Call Schedule: optional.
- Loan Repayment
- Sign-On Bonus
- Compensation: Competitive guaranteed base salary plus incentives. | Top performing providers at Neighborhood HC are earning around $260,000. | Physicians can take extra shifts if they choose and be compensated $115 hourly. | The physician will be eligible to earn a quarterly wRVU production bonus and if they oversee a NP or PA they will also earn 20% of the NP or PA’s wRVU as a supervision bonus.
- Benefits: Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, malpractice insurance and a retirement match. 216 hours of PTO, 7 holidays, and 40 hours per year of CME with $3k.
- Additional Information: A sign on bonus of up to $10k and relocation assistance is available and negotiable. | Evening and Weekend Telephone call is also optional, and the physician will be paid $75 per shift.
Unlike the other hospitals in this area, University Medical Center of El Paso is owned by the people of El Paso. They are the city’s only not-for-profit, community hospital, which means their allegiances are to no one other than the people they serve.
• UMC has earned recognition three times as one of the nation’s top performing hospitals in a study titled: 100 Top Hospitals: Benchmarks for Success. The study is done annually by Thomson/Reuters to help identify those U.S. hospitals that demonstrate superior performance on the basis of key measures related to clinical practices, operations and financial management. UMC is the only El Paso hospital ever to earn this recognition.
• UMC was recently selected by El Paso voters as Best of the Border-2015 as best Hospital, Emergency Room and Urgent Care/Clinics.
• Recently, the Texas Medical Foundation Health Quality Institute, which is the Medicare quality improvement organization for Texas, presented UMC with its Silver Award for its performance related to the Appropriate Care measures. UMC was the only Hospital District in Texas to receive the award.
• Over a 10-year span, UMC ascended from last to first in its market, according to Edge Healthcare Research, Inc., in hospital preference by El Pasoans.
• UMC is regarded by local academic institutions as the hospital of choice for health careers.
• It also has received the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service’s Medal of Honor four times for saving lives through its Organ Donation Program. UMC’s conversion rate (the number of potential donors who actually become organ donors) exceeds the federal government’s goal for U.S. Hospitals of 75%.